Since 2005, the Cesson-Sévigné Town Council has supported the Dogon-Doutchi region by granting subsidies to AECIN for RAEDD (ref: the assessment published in CIM)
Their choice was to provide the funds to set up a new operation every year, which, after one year, would be self-supporting:
- creation of a stock of fertilizers
- contribution to the programme 500 bikes for Niger
- iInstallation of a pump : access to drinking water
- installation of a millet mill for a women’s group in Dankassari, and a survey of school attendance for girls in that community
- installation offood reserves in the villages of Koujak et Dadin Kooua, in the commune of Dankassari.
The town of Cesson-Sévigné has been involved in a decentralized cooperation project with Dankassari since 2009.