For a long time children attended school in Niger to become civil servants, those times are over and the objectives of education must be reviewed.
As Tarbiyya Tatali sees it, everyone should study for oneself, so as to understand each individual’s essential role in their countries’ social and economic development.
For us the objectives of education should be the following:
- to read, write and reckon in one’s mother tongue and in French,
- to know your body and the rules of hygiene,
- to participate in productive activities,
- to be able to communicate,
- to know one’s own culture,
- opening up to the world.