The Solidarity Festival takes place in November in Rennes. As from November 2017, it replaceq the International Solidarity Week after 19 years.
AESCD and AECIN took part in the organisation of the following actions in 2020 :
• from november 6th to december 2nd 2020, exhibition : « Trees for a Better Life in Dankassari » at the Pont des Arts Library (Cesson-Sévigné’), Cesson-Sévigné, photos by Abdelaziz Soumamïla,
• Friday November 13th,6 pm, Conference, ’Climate and Inequalities’ by Jean Jouzel, climatologist and former president of GIEC, Law and Political Science University, admission free, compulsory registration,
• November 13th to November 21st : Alimenterre (FoodSoil) Exhibition, Pont des Arts Hall (Cesson-Sévigné) : understanding the causes of starvation in the world, a debate followed by four short films,
• From November 16th to 20th, at the MIR in Rennes, an event aimed at schoolchildren, on « Water and Climate Change », organised by MIR (Rennes International Center), International Solidarity, UNICEF35, AECIN, the NGO Challenge, including the AESCD video “Water comes to Lougou at Last”
• Sunday November 29th, AECIN will be present at the ’Market of the World’ in Halle Martenot in Rennes : crafts on sale, information on the Association’s activities.
LAST MINUTE NEWS : OWING TO THE COVID 19 SANITARY CRISIS, SOME EVENTS WILL BE CANCELLED OR VIRTUAL.
ASCD and AECIN were involved in the following events in 2019:
- (from November 14th to november 25th : Assimou Abarchi, Mayor of Dankassari, was hosted in Cesson-Sévigné
- (from november 14th to the 28th) The ’Children’s Games in Dankassari’ Exhibition, in the Pont des Arts Media Center (Cesson-Sévigné), with photos by Abdoul Aziz Soumalia,
- (from november 16th to november 21st), exhibitions : ’Same Rights, Same Opportunities for all children, together with UNICEF, ’Acting Here and Elsewhere’, with international solidarity associations’ from Cesson-Sévigné, in the Pont des Arts Hall (Cesson-Sévigné),
- November 18th, 8,30 pm, at the Sévigné cinema in Cesson-Sévigné, ’Capharnaum’, a film by Nadine Labaki, (Citizenship Prize, Cannes, 2018)
- (nov 19th, 20th, 21st) at the Pacé Youth Club: among activities available to teenage pupils in Pacé, the film A girl trio in Dankassari, presentation of the booklet My Health and and my teenager’s rights: what I must know’, and debates: Discovering mid-school girls’life in Niger, their problems, their expectations : The same hopes in different living conditions?
- (nov 24th) AECIN was present at the Market From the World, at the Martenot Hall in Rennes: sale of craftsmen’s creations, information on the association’s actions.
- Saturday November 30th : at Villejean’s Neighbourhood Club, within the Festisol Closing Day : exhibition of Children’s Games in Dankassari and organisation of a ’langa langa’ game (hopscotch race or wrestling, very popular in school playing grounds in Niger).
- Monday November 19th, at the Sévigné Cinema in Cesson, short films will be shown about educational projects in Tanzania, in Niger and in Peru, followed by a debate ; Three Girls in Dankassari will be shown
- From November 19th to the 25th, at the Pont-des-Arts in Cesson-Sévigné, actions by several local Associations, centered on development and support of school education, and on training young people in Cesson toward International Solidarity,
- Sunday, November 25th : AECIN will have a stall at the Market of the World in Rennes, Halle Martenot,
- On Monday November 27th at the Arvor Cinema in Rennes and on Tuesday November 28th at the EPI Condorcet at St Jacques de La Lande will be shown the film Frontiers, the Odyssey of African Women, by Apolline Traoré ( two Awards at the 2017 Fespaco). Trailer.
- November 14th and 15th in Cesson-Sévigné , we hosted Abdoulaye Zangui, departmental supervisor of Water Sypply in Dogon Doutchi and key partner for water access in Dankassari.
- November 18th to November 25th, at the Pont-des-Arts cultural center in Cesson-Sévigné, an exhibition: ‘Energy as a development trigger, Sustainable consumption’.
- November 20th, 7.30pm, at the Arvor Cinema in Rennes, ‘The Fruitless Tree’by Aïcha Macky was followed by a debate with her. On Monday, November 20th at the Sévigné cinema in Cesson were shown: the documentary ‘Dazzling Light At Apricots, Haiti,’ by Thomassaint Joseph, and the pre- view of Solar made in Africa by Malam Saguirou. A debate followed.
- From November 8th to 21st, Mamane Chadaou, in charge of the Cesson-Dankassari decentralized cooperation in Niger, was invited in Cesson-Sévigné.
- Monday November 14th at 8.30 p.m. the Le Sévigné Cinema in Cesson showed ‘Lougou Gets Water at Last’ and ‘ For the Best and the Onion’ by Sani Magori, a debate followed.
- Wednesday November 14th at 8.30 p.m. at L’Arvor Cinema: ‘Anger in the Wind’ by Amina Weira, followed by a debate with the director.
- Thursday November 17th a School Solidarity Relay for Dankassari at the Roger Belliard Stadium.
- Thursday November 17th at 8.30 p.m., at the Pont des Arts Auditorium, a conference and debate on ‘Toward Social Development in Southern countries’.
- Friday November 18th at 7. p.m. at Grippé Hall, a Niger Solidarity Dinner. Menu: Bissap, Ginger juice, Yassa chicken, Fresh African Fruit Salad; tickets: 12 euros (8 euros for young people and students), reservation on firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 19th, 10.30 a.m.: meeting of all local decentralized cooperations in Rennes Metropole, at the Maison Internationale in Rennes.
- November 27th, AECIN will be present at the World Market , Halle Martenot in Rennes, within the Maison des Mondes Association.
- From November 13th to 21st at the Citizens’Hall in Cesson, an exhibition on the activities of Cesson’s International Solidarity associations, including several panels on Cesson-Dankassari decentralized cooperation.
- On Monday November 16th, 8.30 pm, the Sevigne Cinema in in Cesson showed the film ‘On the Way to School’, followed by a debate on ‘Mobility as a trigger for integration’.
- On November 18th, at 4.p.m. at l’Escale in Cesson, a young people’s meeting : Does Humanitarian action appeal to you ?
- On November 19th, at the Pont des Arts Auditorium in Cesson, “social and solidarity economy, a tool for social and economic development.
- Saturday, November 21st, the AECIN joins the Book Festival dedicated to Africa, in Saint-Brieuc.
- Sunday, November 22nd, AECIN joins the Markets of the World, Halle Martenot, in Rennes.
- “Family Agriculture, an Asset for our Planet”, an exhibition held from October 27th to November 7th at the International Center in Rennes and from November 13th to the 21st at the Citizen’s Hall in Cesson.
- On November 14th at 6.30 p.m., Regards Croisés, organized by the Nigerien students , at the Rennes 2 University,
- ‘Captains of Hope’, film and debate on rural development for sustainable development, at the Sévigné cinema on Monday November 17th at Cesson.
- On Wednesday, November 19th, ‘For Better, For Onions’, film and debate with the producer, Sani el Hadj Magori, at the International Center at 8.30 p.m..
- On November 20th, International Solidarity In favour of rural Development, with Bernard Jouan, chairman of Agro Sans Frontières and in charge of projects in Western Africa, at the auditorium of Cesson’s Cultural Center, at 8.30p.m.
- Maison des Squares in Renne : On November 25th, a talk on girls’ education in Niger. On November 26th, a talk on the conservation of the last herd of white girafes of western Africa,
- On November 30th, AECIN will take part in Market of the World at the Halle Martenot in Rennes.
- On December 1st, a debate on women’s rights in Niger, between Zara Moussa, a Nigerien rapper, and a class from the Sévigné High School in Cesson.
More details on SSI 2014 leaflet in Cesson. and 2014 Home of the Worlds in Rennes.