The visit, following the invitation by Cesson-Sévigné’s Mayor, Albert Plouhinec, and AESCD, took place from November 14th to 25th, 2019, on the occasion of Festisol.
Assimou Abarchi, Mayor of Dankassari, had the following activities
- He met the members of AESCD, AECIN, and ANIRE, as well as volunteers from Cesson-Sévigné, on Tuesday November 19th from 7 p.m to 9 p.m. at the Pressoir Hall.,
- He joined Cesson-Sévigné’s Mayor at a friendship meeting, celebrating Festisol 2019 and the Cesson-Dankassari Decentralised Cooperation 10th anniversary,
- He joined workshops with several partners supporting Dankassari Development activities,
- He took part in the Inter Solidarity Week: exhibitions such as: Children’s games in Dankassari, Same Rights Same Opportunities for all children, Acting Here and There, film show of Capharnaum at the Sévigné Cinema,
- He met schoolchildren and youths from Cesson-Sévigné, (Beausoleil, Bourgchevreuil and Notre Dame) who are involved in support actions to children of Dankassari, middle school students, and the Children’s Town Council group,Teacher Training,
- He met pupils from Fougères High School who are involved in the ’Prescription Glasses For Niger’ project,
- He Joined the AESCD meeting meeting on development action prospects in Dankassari and joined the Tarbiyya Tatali stand at the World’s Market in Rennes,
On an invitation from the Mayor of Cesson-Sévigné, Michel Bihan, for the International Solidarity Week (November 13th to 24th 2013), this visit was a success in every respect.
Assimou Abarchi, Mayor of Dankassari, had compiled a presentation of the Dankassari rural community, and of what the Cesson-Dankassari Cooperation had achieved.
Assimou Abarchi, Mayor of Dankassari.
- Took part in a Town Council meeting in Cesson, and in a Young People’s Council meeting; he also joined several workshops with the mayor and several councillors, and with a regional councillor.
- He was involved in the activities of the International Solidarity Week: the ‘Food for Mankind’ Exhibition at the Citizen’s Hall, the film show ‘Access to Water, an Essential Lever for Development’, at the Sévigné cinema.
- He met the schoolchildren and young people of Cesson-Sévigné, namely from the Beausoleil and Bourgchevreuil schools involved in support activities for the children of Dankassari.
- He joined several workshops with the AESCD Committee for the follow-up and the agenda of Development Actions in Dankassari, and joined an extraordinary AESCD General Meeting as well as the Tarbiyya Tatali stall at the Markets of the World Fair in Rennes
- He met the Fougères High School Students involved in the ‘Prescription Glasses for Niger’project.
- He attended a Joined Committee of International Solidarity Charities in Cesson-Sévigné, and the Entertainment Committee.
- He met the Niger students in Brittany at a Nigerien dinner they had organized.
Assimou Abarchi in Lougou, février 2013